PRICAI 2012 Special Session on Scalable Big Data Mining
September 3 – 7, 2012
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
CALL FOR PAPERS
Data have become a torrent flowing in many important areas. Big data
refers to datasets whose size is beyond the ability of current
state-of-the art analytic tools. Streaming data is an specific approach
to deal with big data that is evolving and changing. Parallelization is
another scalable approach to mine large quantities of data.
This special session aims to provide an opportunity for researchers to
share their ideas and efforts in building new algorithms, methods and
software for dealing with big data, static or evolving streams.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Evolving Stream Mining
* Large-scale Machine Learning
* Distributed System Platforms: Hadoop, S4, Storm
* Evaluation Methodologies
* Visualization Techniques for Big Data
* Social Media Mining
* Paper Submission Deadline: March 31, 2012
* Paper Acceptance Notification: May 15, 2012
* Camera-Ready Paper + Copyright Submission: May 21, 2012
* Conference: Sept 5 – 7, 2012
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The papers should report original and unpublished research on topics of
interest for this special session. Accepted papers are expected to be presented
at the conference, and will be published in the conference proceedings.
Papers for this special session should be prepared in accordance with the
PRICAI 2012 requirements(http://ktw.mimos.my/pricai2012/submission.html).
Submitted papers should not exceed 12 pages. Submitted papers should not be
under review or submitted for publication elsewhere during the review period.
Papers to be submitted via EasyChair at:
* Wei Fan (IBM T.J.Watson Research, USA)
* Xiatian Zhang (Business Intelligence Center Tencent, China)
* Albert Bifet (University of Waikato, New Zealand)
* Geoff Holmes (University of Waikato, New Zealand)